Wolli Creek Crane Collapse INFO
Do you rent in Wolli Creek, and is your unit affected by the crane collapse? Listed are a number of key points you should consider….
• The crane collapse is not a breach of the tenancy agreement
• However it may affect your rights and obligations as a tenant
• If you cannot go back to your unit, you may be entitled to rent abatement
• Once you return you can check for damage. These will need to be reported but any damage claim will not be against the landlord
• If repairs cannot be effected in a reasonable time you need to consider whether you want to stay
• Rent reduction may be appropriate if the landlord fails to repair in a reasonable time
• The steps will depend on whether you are in a fixed or periodic agreement
If you need further advice or have questions please contact SSTAAS on 9787 5679.